- W02 Annie – BIG / Air+port
- W03 Jean – OMA / Seattle Library
Review of W02 Assignments
- Create a daily object using the technique you learned in the class
- Edit your field image in Photoshop for inspiration.
- Print it out on 10×10″ paper, and mount it on foamcore.
- Create cardboard stack model from Assignment 2.0 model.
- Bring the model to next class.
- Take 2+ photos of the model and upload images to your page.
Mapping Time – Slide
Illustrator Tutorial 01
- Quantifying objects
- Linear timeline
Illustrator tutorial 02
- Time Diagram
- Using align tools and rotation tools, create guides for quantity and measure. Use the guide as a locked layer, to start adding some information.
- How to map concept f time?
- Time as linear concept or non linear concept?
- X-Axis = time
- Y-Axis = quantifiable number
- Insert important events with pictogram
- Layout basic timeline
- Sketch out events
Mapping time (Print @ 22×17″(double 11×17″) color )
- Go to Wikipedia and find a quantifiable data
- Create a time diagram based on the information
- Be precise about numbers, and proportional representation of the quantity
- In a clear graphics, explain what triggered a major change in numbers
- The important question is, by mapping this instance, what are you trying to reveal?
Tracing Diagram (Print @ 11×17 color)
Pick a page from Information Graphics book, and trace exactly the same way.