Review of W01 Assignments
Assignment 1.0 – Dream Job
- Pick 1 firm that you would like to work for
- Present a few project of the firm in terms of scale, design style, and
- Look for job description if they have openings, and think about how your skill and vision can contribute to the team.
- Put together a 10-20 page pdf presentation and upload it on the website
Assignment 1.1 – Understanding Yourself
Based on the pinup, write a 200-word paragraph, explaining who you are as a designer.
Lecture on Strategy
- Q1. How many portfolios do you see on average per month, or per year?
- Q2. What advice would you offer to a designer when creating their portfolio? Or when presenting it?
- Q3. What do you look for in a design
- Q4. How many pieces would you say make the perfect portfolio?
- Q5. What kind of projects should be included in, or excluded from, the portfolio?
Job Objective Worksheet
Copy and paste the following list and fill each answer(45 minutes).
- What is your Goal? (Answer last)
- What is your dream company, and what kind of projects do they produce?
- What is your starting position at the firm?
- How does your current skills can contribute to the firm at the initial position?
- What kind of skills are lacking from your current portfolio?
- What kind of skills and experiences do you want to gain from the firm in 3 years?
- How do you think the future employer should view your portfolio?
Lecture Relationships and Hierarchy Diagram
Assignment 2.0 Objective
Based on Job Objective Worksheet, create a 11×17″ horizontal format diagram, with all the answers to the worksheet.
Assignment 2.1 Grand Design
Create a draft mockup of your portfolio, using two 11×17″ sheet.
- Be media specific
- Menu structure and contents
- Include list of project
- A note of how each project is contributing to showcase skills and design sensibility
- Sequencing and order