Job Objective Worksheet
- Angela Chang
- What is your dream company, and what kind of projects do they produce?
Gensler. They have wide range of design specialties from small to large scale projects such as product design, brand design, interior design, architecture, and urban planning.
- What is your starting position at the firm?
The starting position for me will be interior designer. I will develop my design skills through cooperating with the team.
- How does your current skills can contribute to the firm at the initial position?
On top of my background in interior design, I can bring more comprehensive ideas from environmental spatial point of view to the team. Thinking about the user experience through out the whole journey as a story and use interior/spatial design to complete the scenes.
- What kind of skills are lacking from your current portfolio?
I still need to learn how to present my concept and work more fluently through graphic, and choose of the typeface for each project. And I have to practice on using Sketch-up, InDesign, Revit more.
- What kind of skills and experiences do you want to gain from the firm in 3 years?
I want to be able to define the problems and move into solutions more efficiently with critical design thinking. Knowing what things are happening today and where the trends are going in next few years. And I want to have a lot of experience in hospitality design especially in boutique hotels then have some brand design strategies.
- How do you think the future employer should view your portfolio?
They should see my portfolio as an introduction to my design skill and personality.
- What is your Goal?
My goal in next three to five years is becoming an intermediate designer who has the ability to create creative solutions solely and at the same time has the mind in leadership and can collaborate with different professions to complete a project.