Review of W01 Assignments
Based on your in-class sketch, create 1 parent icon and 10+ child icons, using Adobe Illustrator. Lay them out in a 11×17” sheet of paper, print it out, and bring it to the next class. Do not add any text to the layout. Also, upload the image to your page of this website.
Important things to consider are:
- Clarity of meaning
- Consistency among family
Concept Diagram for Your Thesis Project (Print 11×17″ color)
- Go to http://www.wordpress.com
- Click on “Sign Up Now”
- Input Username / Password / Confirm Password / Email Address / Check on Legal Flotsam
- Check on “Just a username, Please.”
- Send blank Email to “email@example.com”
- You will soon receive an invitation to ACCDENV.WORDPRESS.COM
- Now you are on WordPress.
- Go to Dashboard, and to “Pages”, NOT “Posts”
- Create a new Page with title “Your Name DP01″
- Upload a Test Image.
- Make sure you set “Parent” to “ DP02 Spring 2012 Student Works”
Concept Diagram Lecture
How to tell a simple story through technique of simple cartoon? In 2 to 4 frames, visually tell the story about your project (concept statement) in a straightforward way.
Illustrator tutorial 01
- Basic navigation
- Fill and Stroke
- Back vs front
Illustrator tutorial 02
- Time Diagram
- Using align tools and rotation tools, create guides for quantity and measure. Use the guide as a locked layer, to start adding some information.
Exhibition Design Discussion
Revise your concept diagram, using Illustrator, and print it out on 11×17 color.
Pick 4 to 5 exhibition design precedents. Summarize them using following categories.
- Target Audience
- Exhibition Style