Review of W04 Assignment
- Create cardboard stack model from Assignment 2.0 model.
- Bring the model to next class.
- Take 2+ photos of the model and upload images to your page.
Let’s create a fruit bowl
A tutorial on how to make a fruit bowl with Boolean Difference command
- Create following Layers
- Final Cut
- Scale your model to make your longest edge 12″
- On X layer, draw a line in X direction that cut across the model. Offset the line by 1″ until the grid covers all. Do the same for Y direction as well.
- Make “X” layer active. Project X grid to the form. Run “PlanarSrf” command to convert the crv into Surface (fins). Hide all the construction crvs by running “SelCrv” and “Hide” commands.
- Make “Y” layer active. Project Y grid to the form.Run “PlanarSrf” command to convert the crv into Surface (fins). Hide all the construction crvs by running “SelCrv” and “Hide” commands.
- On “Form” layer, draw a middle line.
- Make “X” layer active. Create 1/16″x20″x20″ box (Notch object). Grab middle point of the box, and copy to every intersection. Do the same for “Y”.
- Only show “X” Layer. Run “Split ” command.
- Object to split = fins
- Cutting object = notches
- Delete notch, and gutter. Repeat 8-9 for “Y” layer.
Creating Egg-Crate Model 3 (Laser File)
- Select a section and run “make 2D” command / current view.
- Label each with easily identifiable code.
- Create a Bounding box of 32×18″.
- Layout your sections inside of bounding box.
- Export to Illustrator with 1:1 scale.
- Make Plate prototype model and bring it to class.
- Photograph images of the model and upload them to the site.