1. Review of week 01 assignments.
- Students to present their 10 field images according to the reading of “From Object to Field Part 1”.
Example on stacking architecture:
3. Form making exercise
- Object size 10″x4″x10″
- Additive methodology by EdgeSrf command
- Subtractive method by Boolean Difference command
4. Stacking with Project Command
Measure your material thickness with caliper.
Material = corrugated cardboard
- After creating base form @10x4x10″ (make sure the form is closed PolySrf)
- Make the tile is facing the front view
- In front view, draw a horizontal line that runs bigger than the tile
- Copy the horizontal line to Z direction at increment of thickness of material (0.25″)
- In front view project lines to the form
- On top view, shift each sections to avoid intersection
- Apply “ProjectToCplane” command to flatten on CPlane
- Keep track of order and add labels.
- Layout the cutting object to 32×18″ laser cutter bed
- There is a directionality to corrugated cardboard
- Model a 10x4x10″ form based on inspiration from one of your field images.
- Render 2+views and upload images to your page.
- Create cardboard stack model from Assignment 2.0 model.
- Bring the model to next class.
- Take 2+ photos of the model and upload images to your page.