Review of W10 assignments
- Laser-cut halftone pattern on 1/8″ plexiglass @10″x10″
- Vacum-form the cut pattern into some kind of surface.
- Bring the model to next class.
- Take 2+ photos of the model and upload images to your page.
Assignment 10.1 (for extra credit)
3D Print T-Splines “boneframe”
Plan drawing workflow
- Set up a clipping plane 4′(or anywhere appropriate) above the floor line
- Make sure the clipping plane is set for the top view
- Import 2d drawing template
- Run “make2d” command – set “visible clipping plane” to 0.5mm, set “visible lines” to 0.13mm
- Change lineweights for the rest of lines
- For cut line, use “hatch command” to shade inside
- Print as pdf at scale.
- In Illustrator, you can select lines by >Select>same>stroke weight to adjust things.
- Make a copy of the lamp object, and hide one
- Setup a parallel view(axonometric)
- Separate parts, so that parts are not overlapping in axonometric view
- Show original lamp
- Make 2D
- Copy 2D curves
- Trim everything but most outer line
- Separate them into 2 layers
- Export selected as Illustrator file
- In Illustrator, change lineweights and scale
1 Plan drawing to scale printed on 11×17″
Exploded part axonometric of your canopy