1. Review of W10 assignment
- Draft canopy design for overall form, no texture or sub-geometry needed.
- A quick render 4+ view, upload it on the site.
- A connection detail model
- A simple model that resolves a general connection nodes of your canopy
2. Parts Axonometric Exercise
Pixar Lamp Exercise
- Download 3D model here
- Set the view to Parallel mode
- Copy the entire object to another layer
- In the original layer, start separating pieces in different ways
- Make sure direction of explosion has some rhyme and reason
- Adjust your axonometric view and object placement to eliminate overlapping of objects
- Make 2D, and correct lineweights
3. Desk Crits
- Finalize your canopy design in Rhino with patterns on
- Render 4+ views and post them on the website
- You need to finalize the design of the canopy by the beginning of next week, as we will spend rest of the term in drawing and production of the piece.
- Create a connection detail study model out of your 3D model
- Use laser cutter with true dimension
Build your ENV 2 model in Rhino, bring it to the class for desk crit.