1. Re-Review of Midterm
- How to argue digital fabrication in academic context?
- Abstract relationship to the concept
- Iconic aspect
- Effect and Affect
2. Pavilion Lecture
3. Weaving Tutorial
- 1 st half
- Create a bounding box @ 10x10x10″
- Create a cylindrical form
- Create a 2d box and a diagonal line
- Use “ApplyCrv” Command to create a spiral around the form
- Rotate Copy the line by 15 degree
- Loft Between 2 curves
- Array Polar x10 with 360 degree fill
- Mirror the model to create crossing group
- Render this part and post it on the website
- 2nd Half
- Get intersection between 2, and get some points
- Try Unrolling and you will find a strange section
- Trim top and bottom part of the model, and try unrolling again
- Unroll 1 section with intersection points.
- Connect between points to get intersection plane
- Unroll 1 section from the 2nd group with intersection points.
- Duplicate each section by 10 times.
4. The Canopy Project
- Based on your movie, create a diagram about occupancy, and movement of performers
- Think of this space as a extension of your retail project.
- Create a model of Weaving structure
- Material can be museum board or veneer
- Post pictures of the model on the website
Concept pitch for the canopy project