1. Review of W09 Assignment
2. Animation Tutorial 01 (Rhino)
- Open a new file in Rhino
- Draw 4 boxes of different size
- Create 4 Layers (Blue / Green / Red / Purple)
- Assign materials to 4 layers
- Change perspective view to 24mm view
- Create a camera path and target point
- Create path animation
- Preview animation and at the final frame, save the view (“Named Views”)
- Render Setting:
- Options – irmap Very Low
- Size 720x480pt
- Render 1 frame of the named view
- Save the rendering
- make 2D, show hidden lines, keep original Layer
- Export the line drawing
- Render Animation and go to quicktime.
At the End of this, you should have:
- 5-second animation mp4
- 1 still render of final frame
- 1 Illustrator file
3. Animation Tutorial 02 (Illustrator)
- Open exported Illustrator file
- Change layer names (red / green / blue / orange. etc)
- File / Document Setting / 720pt x 480pt
- Import the rendered image, and put it on a new layer.
- In each layer or vector, add explanation text in new layers
- And Save as “W09_Yourname_Composite”
4. Animation Tutorial 03 (After Effects)
- Open After Effects
- Composition / New Composition
- Width 720px Height 480px
- Frame Rate 30 FPS
- Duration 25:00
- Composition / Background Color White
- File / Import / File / “W09_Yourname_Composite” / Import Kind: Composition / Footage Dimensions: Document Size
- File / Import / File /5-second animation mp4
- Double Click Comp1
- Drag and drop layers and video to Timeline.
- Change movie ratio to fit others
- Timeline and keyframe explanation
- Preview Animation.
- Export movie at the same setting as QT pro.
5 Rhino + After Effects in depth tutorial
Create a 20-second animation for your design concept.
Upload all in-class animation to Vimeo and paste link to your page.