Week 06 10/21 Digital Representation
1 Review of Week05 Assignment
- Open your House model.
- Create 2 curves on either side of the house. Make Sure the Curve is closed.
- Loft the 2 curves make sure it’s capped.
- Create 3D box little bigger than the house.
- Boolean Difference the box from landscape.
- Create “Grass” and “Soil” Layer
- Explode the landscape assembly.
- Select top surface and move to “Grass” layer.
- Select the rest of lanscape, join, and move to”Soil” layer.
3 Texture Mapping
- Download 2 Materials from here
- Load 2 Materials to V-Ray Materials
- Apply “Concrete Ground” to Soil Layer
- Apply “arch green grass” to Grass Layer
- Test Render Scene
- type “Property”. Under pulldown menu find “Texture mapping”, show advanced UI, add
- Change “Surface” to “Box”
- Change Size XYZ to 50, 50, 50. Make sure all number are the same.
- Test Render and change XYZ number again.
3 Scale Figure
- Take 3 picture of your classmates (3 different people, natural pose)
- Import 3 pictures to Illustrator
- Use Pen tool to trace / make sure line is closed.
- Save as Illustrator 3.
- In Rhino, import Illustrator file
- Scale the height of the person 5′-8″ typical male
- Run “PlanarSrf” Command
- Rotate to view vertical on Front View
- Decide 4 Render Views
- Run “NamedViews” Command, create a new view
- In your Render View, orient the person towards Render view
4 Photoshop Compositing
- Open rendered PNG file
- Change brightness and contrast
- Change color with Hue and Saturation
- Add sky in the background
- Save as PNG
5 Lab session
Layout, Print, and mount 36×24” Board on white formcore board
Required materials on the board.
- 4Render Views
- Orb Model Photos
- 2D drawings
- 1st floor plan
- 2nd floor plan
- Sketch or diagram (optional)
Also, save the layout as JPEG, and post it on the website.
Please note: We will have a Review session on Week 07 at the beginning of the class. The presentation is absolutely MANDATORY in order to pass the class.