Review of W05 Assignments
Due Week 6 (5%)
- What is scale?
- Go around and find dimension of things that surround you.
- Create all the object in Rhino in a simple way.
- At least find dimension of 50 objects around you.
- Bring Rhino model to the class.
- Take 3 picture of your classmates (3 different people, natural pose)
- Import 3 pictures to Illustrator
- Use Pen tool to trace / make sure line is closed.
- Save as Illustrator 3.
- In Rhino, import Illustrator file
- Scale the height of the person 5′-8″ typical male
- Run “PlanarSrf” Command
- Rotate to view vertical on Front View
- Decide 4 Render Views
- Run “NamedViews” Command, create a new view
- In your Render View, orient the person towards Render view
- On a large sheet of paper, create a diagram on how your life is organized.
- List all of your activities for each category (live / work / play). i.e. eating, driving, watching movie and etc.
- For each activity, think about required quality of space.
- Think about relationship between each activity space. Start a bubble diagram.
Drawing 4×4 House by Tadao Ando
- Select 3d Model of 4×4 House > “Export Selected” > Save as 4×4 house 2D
- Import 2D_Dwg_Template and learn layer organization
- Copy the house 4x to 4 layers “Original” / “Plan01” / “Plan02” / “Section”.
- With “Plan 01” active, draw a horizontal line 4′ above first floor level in front view.
- Project the horizontal line on the model and change layer to “0.5” – get cut line.
- Select the model and “Make 2D”
- Move Cut line on top of 2D drawing.
- Delete Unnecessary lines
- Repeat 5-8 for 2nd set of plan @ 4′ above 4th floor line.
- Repeat 5-8 for Section Cut
- Draw a box of 2304″ x 800″
- Layout 3 Drawings inside the box
- Setup Print Dialogue as following
- Print PDF
Midterm Beach House (Week 08)
- Approach bridge from beach.
- Look at the bridge slide, and design a creative approach to the cottage.
- What is an appropriate form of bridge for pedestrian?
- Determine what kind activity happens in both indoors and outdoors.
The environment you are creating is about you. Through design of the space, you have to tell a story of who you are. Using 50 objects that you created for Week 6, create an ideal space based on your personal lifestyle. This is NOT about re-creating your existing room. This is an interior project. The size of interior space is 24’x24’x16′.
Required materials on the board
- 4+ interior render views with scale figure (You don’t have to render for Week 07. Please bring Rhino Model for desk-crit
- 2D drawings
- floor plan
- Sketch or diagram
Print presentation board @ 24″x36″ portrait (Board layout will be covered in Week 07)
Please note: We will have a Review session on Week 08 at the beginning of the class. The presentation is absolutely MANDATORY in order to pass the class.
For Next Week:
- Bubble diagram of your lifestyle on 11×17″
- Design sketches
- Progress Rhino Model
Reverse side section drawing of the 4×4 house. Please print on 11×17″ and bring it to class.