Review of Week 05 Assignment
Drawing Room 137
- Take 3 picture of your classmates (3 different people, natural pose)
- Import 3 pictures to Illustrator
- Use Pen tool to trace / make sure line is closed.
- Save as Illustrator 3.
- In Rhino, import Illustrator file
- Scale the height of the person 5′-8″ typical male
- Run “PlanarSrf” Command
- Rotate to view vertical on Front View
- Decide 4 Render Views
- Run “NamedViews” Command, create a new view
- In your Render View, orient the person towards Render view
Photoshop CompositingOpen rendered PNG file
- Change brightness and contrast
- Change color with Hue and Saturation
- Add sky in the background
- Save as PNG
5 Diagramming Exercise
- On a large sheet of paper, create a diagram on how your life is organized.
- List all of your activities for each category (live / work / play). i.e. eating, driving, watching movie and etc.
- For each activity, think about required quality of space.
- Think about relationship between each activity space. Start a bubble diagram.
Midterm Beach House (Week 08)
- Approach bridge from beach.
- Look at the bridge slide, and design a creative approach to the cottage.
- What is an appropriate form of bridge for pedestrian?
- Determine what kind activity happens in both indoors and outdoors.
The environment you are creating is about you. Through design of the space, you have to tell a story of who you are. Using 50 objects that you created for Week 6, create an ideal space based on your personal lifestyle. This is NOT about re-creating your existing room. This is an interior project. The size of interior space is 24’x24’x16′.
Required materials on the board
- 4+ interior render views with scale figure (You don’t have to render for Week 07. Please bring Rhino Model for desk-crit
- 2D drawings
- floor plan
- Sketch or diagram
Print presentation board @ 24″x36″ portrait (Board layout will be covered in Week 07)
Please note: We will have a Review session on Week 08 at the beginning of the class. The presentation is absolutely MANDATORY in order to pass the class.
For Next Week:
- Bubble diagram of your lifestyle on 11×17″
- Design sketches
- Progress Rhino Model