Week 01 Introduction to Rhinoceros
1 Overview of Class Outline and Syllabus
2 Self Introductions
- Go to http://www.wordpress.com
- Click on “Sign Up Now”
- Input Username / Password / Confirm Password / Email Address / Check on Legal Flotsam
- Check on “Just a username, Please.”
- Send blank Email to “email@example.com”
- You will soon receive an invitation to ACCDENV.WORDPRESS.COM
- Now you are on WordPress.
- Go to Dashboard, and to “Pages”, NOT “Posts”
- Create a new Page with title “Your Name DP01”
- Upload a Test Image.
- Make sure you set “Parent” to “DP01 Fall 2010 Student Works”
4 Rhinoceros – Getting Started
- Viewport navigation
- Shaded modes
- Select objects
- Move objects by dragging
- Copy objects
- Undo a mistake
- Move Objects Vertically
- Rotate objects
- Scale Objects
5 Rhinoceros – Start Modeling
- Extrude a curve to make a surface
- Revolve a curve around an axis
- Loft a surface through curves
- Sweep a curve along a single rail curve
Box Array configuration
Due Week 02 (5%)
- Create a Rhino File, set Unit to Feet
- Create 3 layers each named following 10x10x10, 15x15x10, 20x20x10
- Create cubes of 10x10x10, 15x15x10, 20x20x10 and put them in each layer.
- Multiply cubes and create a tower. Overall dimension of tower should be approximately 50x50x500. Use at least 10 cubes of each size.
- Upload at least 4 views of the tower.
- Think about circulation dynamics.
- Meaning of offset- balcony / outdoor space.
- Randomization vs Order
Revisit in-class tutorial model, and try all the command.
Create 3 objects each using following command and upload the image