1 Review of Week 05 Assignment
2 Modeling De Blas House by Alberto Campo Baeza
- De Blas House
- Download file
- 01. Understand Layer system in the sample file.
- 02. Trace 2nd Floor Roof and Extrude.
- 03. Trace Overall Concrete Structure and Extrude, coordinating with section drawings.
- 04. Create a Construction Plane for second floor.
- 05. Create 2nd floor with opening for stairs.
- 06. Create Series of Posts that support 2nd floor roof.
- 07. Create glass walls in 2nd floor.
- 08. Turn on 1FP layer. Create a Construction Plane for first floor.
- 09. Create first floor slab.
- 10. Create stairs. Refer to frontal section
- 11. Create interior walls on 1st floor.
- 12. Create doorways on 1st floor
- 13. Create Window and door openings.
- 14. Create doors and windows.
- 15. Create landscape and Boolean Difference
3 Rendering with V-Ray
- Organize layers by material
- V-Ray > Material Editor / Right Click “Scene Materials” > Import New Material
- Select each material from the list
- Click on little circle in layer window
- Assign Material to layers / Plugin >
- V-Ray > Render Options > File > Load > gi_irmap_low.visopt
- Render > Render.
4 Scale Figure
- Take 3 picture of your classmates (3 different people, natural pose)
- Import 3 pictures to Illustrator
- Use Pen tool to trace / make sure line is closed.
- Save as Illustrator 3.
- In Rhino, import Illustrator file
- Scale the height of the person 5′-8″ typical male
- Run “PlanarSrf” Command
- Rotate to view vertical on Front View
- Decide 4 Render Views
- Run “NamedViews” Command, create a new view
- In your Render View, orient the person towards Render view
5 Photoshop CompositingOpen rendered PNG file
- Change brightness and contrast
- Change color with Hue and Saturation
- Add sky in the background
- Save as PNG
Assignment 6.0 = Midterm
- Analyze your environment: your room / transportation / work space / relaxation space / public space.
- Create a list of everything that surround you.
- Model things that surround you, things you love in detail
- Model your dream space, and ideal objects.
- Shuffle and remix them into compact configuration to create a new space