Looking at rocks, and find characteristics of each.
1 Modeling rocks!
- Pick 3 rocks which have different surface property
- Using T-Splines, translate the rocks into 3D surface
- Combine 3 rocks using bridge command.
2 Paneling Tools
- Loading plugin
- Open a new Rhino model (Small object inch)
- type “PluginManager”
- Load “Paneling Tools”
- 2D Paneling Exercise on simple surface
- 3D Paneling Exercise on simple surface
3 Work on your own Form + Openings
- Camera Animation
- Draw multiple cubes
- Create destination point
- Create camera path
- Run “Path Animation” command
- Set up as 150 frames
- Preview Animation
- Assemble Animation
- Go to Mac Lab, and assemble animation in Quicktime Pro
Quicktime Pro Setting
- File > Open Image Sequence
- Choose first image of the sequence / Frame rate : 30 frames per second
- Play movie
- File > Export / Export: Movie to Mpeg-4
- Click “Export Options”
- File Format: MP4 (not MP4 (ISMA))
- Video Format H.264
- Data Rate 2048 kbits/sec
- Image Size: Current
- and Save the movie
- Upload animation to Youtube, and embed link to your page.
- Finish form + opening model for 3 of rocks.
- Render at least 2 views with material and upload to the site.
- Create 10 second animation of the rocks to Youtube, and embed link to your page
- Create a small tower with T-Splines approximately @ 20’x20’x50′.
- Create a creative skin system for the tower.
- Render 4+ images and upload them to the website
- Create 15 second animation of the tower to Youtube, and embed link to your page
Assignment 10.2 (Since there is no class next week)
- Do a T-Spline Webinar: Create an organic model from a 2D sketch – Intro (40:00)
- Render and upload 4+ images to the website.