Art Center College of Design Digital Process 1
Week 05 10/13 Minimalism
1. Review of Week 4 Assignment
2. Modeling 4×4 House by Tadao Ando
- 4×4 House / Tadao Ando
- Open “W05_Ando_4x4b.3dm”
- Turn On “Object Snap” End / Mid / Int / Perp / Quad
- Turn On “Project Snap”
- Follow Layer Order and draw the house
5 Drawing 4×4 House by Tadao Ando
- Select 3d Model of 4×4 House > “Export Selected” > Save as 4×4 house 2D
- Import 2D_Dwg_Template and learn layer organization
- Copy the house 4x to 4 layers “Original” / “Plan01” / “Plan02” / “Section”.
- With “Plan 01” active, draw a horizontal line 4′ above first floor level in front view.
- Project the horizontal line on the model and change layer to “0.5” – get cut line.
- Select the model and “Make 2D”
- Move Cut line on top of 2D drawing.
- Delete Unnecessary lines
- Repeat 5-8 for 2nd set of plan @ 4′ above 4th floor line.
- Repeat 5-8 for Section Cut
- Draw a box of 2304″ x 800″
- Layout 3 Drawings inside the box
- Setup Print Dialogue as following
- Print PDF
- Find a inspiration outside of architecture
- Approach bridge from beach.
- Look at the bridge slide, and design a creative approach to the cottage.
- What is an appropriate form of bridge for pedestrian?
- Determine what kind activity happens in both indoors and outdoors.
- Remember to incorporate all the techniques you learned in the class.
- UN Studio
- Please Upload
- 3 Render views of interior shots.
- 3 Render views of Exterior shots.