Art Center College of Design Design & Representation Techniques 1
Week 04 2/10 Basic Orthogonal Modeling03
1 Review of Week03 Assignment
2 Modeling De Blas House by Alberto Campo Baeza Cont’d
- 01. Understand Layer system in the sample file.
- 02. Trace 2nd Floor Roof and Extrude.
- 03. Trace Overall Concrete Structure and Extrude, coordinating with section drawings.
- 04. Create a Construction Plane for second floor.
- 05. Create 2nd floor with opening for stairs.
- 06. Create Series of Posts that support 2nd floor roof.
- 07. Create glass walls in 2nd floor.
- 08. Turn on 1FP layer. Create a Construction Plane for first floor.
- 09. Create first floor slab.
- 10. Create stairs. Refer to frontal section
- 11. Create interior walls on 1st floor.
- 12. Create doorways on 1st floor
- 13. Create Window and door openings.
- 14. Create doors and windows.
- 15. Create landscape and Boolean Difference
3 Rendering with V-Ray
- Organize layers by material
- V-Ray > Material Editor / Right Click “Scene Materials” > Import New Material
- Select each material from the list
- Click on little circle in layer window
- Assign Material to layers / Plugin >
- V-Ray > Render Options > File > Load > gi_irmap_low.visopt
- Render > Render
4 Modeling 4×4 House by Tadao Ando
- 4×4 House / Tadao Ando
- Open “W05_Ando_4x4b.3dm”
- Turn On “Object Snap” End / Mid / Int / Perp / Quad
- Turn On “Project Snap”
- Follow Layer Order and draw the house
5 Drawing 4×4 House by Tadao Ando
- Select 3d Model of 4×4 House > “Export Selected” > Save as 4×4 house 2D
- Import 2D_Dwg_Template and learn layer organization
- Copy the house 4x to 4 layers “Original” / “Plan01” / “Plan02” / “Section”.
- With “Plan 01” active, draw a horizontal line 4′ above first floor level in front view.
- Project the horizontal line on the model and change layer to “0.5” – get cut line.
- Select the model and “Make 2D”
- Move Cut line on top of 2D drawing.
- Delete Unnecessary lines
- Repeat 5-8 for 2nd set of plan @ 4′ above 4th floor line.
- Repeat 5-8 for Section Cut
- Draw a box of 2304″ x 800″
- Layout 3 Drawings inside the box
- Setup Print Dialogue as following
- Print PDF
- 2 Plan Dwgs
- 1 Section
- 4 Renderings
Assignment 4 / Array House
Due Week 05 (5%)
- Create a new house, combining successful attributes from the 3 houses that you created from last week’s assignment.
- Add details
- Windows with frame
- Interior Space
- Render the house using V-Ray, and upload on the website.
Assignment 4.1 / De Blas House
Upload 4 renderings of De Blas House.
- Think about relationship of one cube to another.
- Think about indoor / outdoor space
- Think about meaning of light, different space needs different amount of light and security.
- Where do you put your windows
- Create a rhthm between closed and open spatial sequence.
- Think about Entrance, and path.