Art Center College of Design Design & Representation Techniques 1
Week 03 2/3 Basic Orthogonal Modeling02
1 Review of Week02 Assignment
2 Learning ShortCuts
- Type “Options”
- Locate Aliases
- Click “New” and create following shortcuts
- M / ‘_Move
- C / ‘_Copy
- E / ‘_ExtrudeCrv
- ET/ ‘_Extend
- F / Fillet
- J / ‘_Join
- L / ‘_Loft
- P / ‘_PlanarSrf
- R / ‘_Rotate
- SS / ‘_Scale1D
- T / ‘_Trim
- Open W03_BooleanExercise.3dm
4 Modeling De Blas House by Alberto Campo Baeza
- 01. Understand Layer system in the sample file.
- 02. Trace 2nd Floor Roof and Extrude.
- 03. Trace Overall Concrete Structure and Extrude, coordinating with section drawings.
- 04. Create a Construction Plane for second floor.
- 05. Create 2nd floor with opening for stairs.
- 06. Create Series of Posts that support 2nd floor roof.
- 07. Create glass walls in 2nd floor.
- 08. Turn on 1FP layer. Create a Construction Plane for first floor.
- 09. Create first floor slab.
- 10. Create stairs. Refer to frontal section
- 11. Create interior walls on 1st floor.
- 12. Create doorways on 1st floor
- 13. Create Window and door openings.
- 14. Create doors and windows.
- 15. Create landscape and Boolean Difference
5 Rendering with V-Ray
- Organize layers by material
- V-Ray > Material Editor / Right Click “Scene Materials” > Import New Material
- Select each material from the list
- Click on little circle in layer window
- Assign Material to layers / Plugin >
- V-Ray > Render Options > File > Load > gi_irmap_low.visopt
- Render > Render
Assignment 3 / 3 Houses Box Array configuration
Due Week 04 (5%)
- Create 3 Cubes / 10x10x10′, 15x15x10′, and 20’x20’x10′
- Design 3 houses using at least 2 cubes each. (size combination is up to you)
- Open House
- Semi-Open House
- Secure House
- Think about relationship of one cube to another.
- Think about indoor / outdoor space
- Think about meaning of light, different space needs different amount of light and security.
- Where do you put your windows
- Create a rhthm between closed and open spatial sequence.
- Think about Entrance, and path.