1. Student Presentation:
- W02 OMA / Prada NY / Cooper / Jessica
2. Review of W01 Assignments
Based on your in-class sketch, create 1 parent icon and 10+ child icons, using Adobe Illustrator. Lay them out in a 11×17” sheet of paper, print it out, and bring it to the next class. Do not add any text to the layout. Also, upload the image to your page of this website.
Important things to consider are:
- Clarity of meaning
- Consistency among family
A diagram of you (Print 11×17″ color)
Create 1 diagram of who you are. You can choose to combine following criteria:
- Friends / Social circle
- Places you have lived / visited
- Musical / Filmic preferances
- Your hobbies
- Favorite designers
- Timeline of your life
- Transitions of your hairstyle
Illustrator tutorial 01
- Basic navigation
- Fill and Stroke
- Back vs front
Mapping Time – Slide
Illustrator tutorial 02
- Time Diagram
- Using align tools and rotation tools, create guides for quantity and measure. Use the guide as a locked layer, to start adding some information.
- How to map concept f time?
- Time as linear concept or non linear concept?
- X-Axis = time
- Y-Axis = quantifiable number
- Insert important events with pictogram
- Pic a person / company / country .etc from Wikipedia
- Layout basic timeline
- Sketch out events
Mapping time (Print @ 11×17 color)
- Go to Wikipedia and find a quantifiable data
- Create a time diagram based on the information
- Be precise about numbers, and proportional representation of the quantity
- In a clear graphics, explain what triggered a major change in numbers
- The important question is, by mapping this instance, what are you trying to reveal?
Tracing Diagram (Print @ 11×17 color)
Pick a page from Information Graphics book, and trace exactly the same way.
For Next Week:
Bring all the site information to class.